Monday, July 26, 2010

~Home Again~



We are home....it was a wonderful little trip with lots of hugs and loving from precious grandchildren. Now, I am settling back in and at work. It always takes me a while, as I miss having family close. It seems so natural when we are with any of them....I will never get used to being an empty nester! :( Or being so far away from them all!

It was as hot and sticky in upstate NY, on Lake Champlain, as it is here in dear ole Michigan! We did take the children one day to my favorite, and may I say, unairconditioned, antique store. Two huge floors. The children were stoic and uncomplaining and I kept telling myself, you can do this as I got more and more miserable....I did not find as much as I was hoping for, but I did find these gorgeous dessert plates....the amazing thing is I found the matching cake plate at this wonderful store in Oklahoma, just off the highway. So, cake plate from OK and matching dessert plates from NY state. Be sure and come back Friday for my FrouFrou Friday Post to see them all together.....

These are going on my website in my boutique, In The Armoire, under Vintage Finds..


The weather was mostly stormy, so we did not get to go to yard sales like we hoped, but here are a couple of things I did find that I thought were sweet.

This adorable little vintage Red Riding Hood shaker has the sweetest face!

This darling little dutch girl, in pink and white, is actually a little ashtray from the 1930's or 40's.....she is in my ETSY store

And, then three pretty teacups and saucers.....


These two are my favorites and especially the one with the rose inside the cup...

I was disappointed that I did not find any pretty hankies, linens or pot holders, but then with the weather, we did not get to do our usual prowling....

With Happy Thoughts.....
Jil

9 comments:

Denise@alloverroses said...

That's a shame about the weather but it looks like you found some pretty treasures. And of course being with the family is the best! I am headed to Atlantic City for he first time in a few week so I am hoping the weather will be kind to us! LOL
Enjoy your week!
Denise

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

You did really well despite the hot weather.
I love the rose teacups, so pretty.

hugs
Sissie

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Jill,
Sounds like you had a wonderful trip in spite of the heat. I am originally from Michigan and I so understand the muggy hot days of Summer. Now in Texas it is HOT but most of the time a dry heat.
I love your cake plate and the tea cups are gorgeous.
Thank you for stopping by today and also for adding my button. I am adding yours too. I love your blog and your creations are just gorgeous. You are a true talent my friend.
Have a great week.

Hugs, Celestina Marie

Denise@alloverroses said...

Your mosaic looks beautiful Jil!

Patti said...

I'm glad you're back safe and sound and that you had a lovely time with your dear family. You were missed around here, though.

Blessings,
Patti

A Rose Without A Thorn said...

Hello Jil, I think all of your finds were just beautiful. I think my favorites are The Little Red Ridinghood shaker and the pretty plates.

I know what you mean about hot weather. It is awful here in Southern Florida, so humid and hot. Roll onto the cooler months. Maureen

Rebecca Nelson said...

Hey JilliGirl...

Thank you for coming and visiting me today my friend.

I am glad you are back home and from the looks of it you found some wonderful treasures. Whoot Whoot!

I hate hot. Simple and WHINY as that! :)

xoRebecca

The Vintage Rose said...

Jil, I really like the third teacup in the picture, I have a little creamer & sugar that would match this and one teacup & saucer- would like more. It reminds me of my summer cottage rose that climbs up the verandah post. I love your cottage style work and would love to do ribbon embroidery one day. I picked up 2 little cushion with it on at a garage sale last year. Delcie

Delcie Wardrop said...

Lovely finds and gorgeous craftwork, so lovely to spend time with family, I'm looking forward to my daughter coming home for a friends wedding as we get to see her too. So glad the are things like the skype and the internet to keep in touch these days with friends and relatives overseas.
Delcie