Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve & Pink Saturday

Like everyone else, I am busy cooking the dishes we love so much and that make Christmas so special....*be sure, when you have a spare minute, to hop on over to < Beverly > and see what all our pink loving friends are doing this Christmas day... unfortunately, I thought I had everything I needed, but found I have to make a mad dash out in the cold, to the store for four more items! Bah Humbug! Not the store again!! The pies are done and it is all I can do to not slice myself a generous piece of pumpkin, but I am using great discipline....lol! Oh, I thought to myself, the house smells like Christmas....so wonderful....such a good place to be....


I want to tell you about this darling wreath....Many times through the year I think of a friend that I cherished....Claire. It was Claire that made this adorable wreath that will always be a part of each of my Christmas's ....I met Claire at a craft show many years ago...she was the Mom of another crafter and both of them did the cutest things....Claire was so gifted and always sold out at each show....She lived in Utah and she and her hubby drove to the shows in Holtville and Brawley, CA. Her daugher and family lives in Holtville. Claire and I just connected...it was one of those rare occurrances... and we kept in touch with lengthly phone calls between craft shows.

One afternoon, Claire went out to get wood for the fire....a strong wind was blowing and, I still cry when I think of this, a heavy branch blew off and hit her dear face, killing her.

A freak accident that brought a great loss to so many....I know sweet, good Claire is in a good place where she is an angel, for that is what she was here, on earth....

I look at my little wreath and I see her sweet face and feel so fortunate to have known this good woman!

Merry Christmas to All!
Warm Hugs,
Jil
xo

13 comments:

Nancy said...

Merry Christmas to you! Enjoy your wonderful family, near and far.

(and, may I point out, I am NOT missing that cold! come on back to CA!)

Kaye Swain - SandwichINK for grandparents and caregivers said...

What sweet family memories! I'm praying for comfort and encouragement for you as you enjoy this day with loved ones. I have to confess, I'm munching on a piece of pumpkin pie, after having had to run out to the store for a few forgotten items and one misplaced Christmas gift (I know it'll turn up any minute, but can't take a chance with a grandchild! :) ). In an hour - back out to church for Christmas Service. In the meantime, PINK Christmas blessings to you!

fannipauline said...

Indeed, Clare was sweet and a very talented person and crafter. I think she left an impact on all of us that knew her. I still have a couple of things she made. Those were fun days and I miss them. Time changes many things - but - it can not change our happy memories. Merry christmas Jil and Tom.......Hugs, Pauline

LV said...

At least you took time out from your busy time and gave us a nice post. Thank you and many blessings to you and family.

Donnie said...

Such a sad memory associated with a lovely wreath. I'm sure she is looking down and knows how much you miss her. I wish you all a safe and blessed Christmas.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Jill..Merry Christmas to you too thank you for sharing...

Char said...

Jil, what a wonderful post. I am trying to catch up as we just got back from a week in Cabo. I want to wish you and your family a wonderful Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, Char

Shirley said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family. I know you have had the snow and cold. We have had a little snow and freezing drizzle, but nothing like around us. I hope you enjoyed your day. Your Missouri Friend.

Laura's Rose Garden said...

Good Christmas Day evening Jil,
Merry Christmas Sweetie!! Thank you for the kind words you wrote on my blog. We had a lovely day today. It was very relaxing. After we had brunch, I slept on the couch for a few hours!
Next time, when you are busy getting the Christmas, Easter or Thanksgiving dinner ready, cut yourself a piece of that pie and pour yourself a cup of tea or coffee and enjoy it!!
I hope you have a lovely Boxing Bay!
Warm hugs, Laura

Shel said...

Merry Christmas to you. This is a lovely post.
Blessings from South Africa.

Unknown said...

G'morn Jil ~

Sorry for your friends loss, she sits with Jesus for his birthday. How blessed she is ...

Hope your Christmas was full of wonders, joys & blessings.

Happy New Year!
TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

Shirl said...

Hello, Merry Christmas, I'm still making my PS visits. What a sweet wreath!
Thank you for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Love your pink post this week!
Have a Happy New Year! Shirl
Shirls Rose Cottage

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

May your New Year be filled with many Blessings and abundances of Joy for 2011. From my mountain to yours, Until next year
Hugs and Smiles Gl♥ria