Thursday, March 3, 2011

For The Love Of Lavender


Hi Everyone....As usual I am a wee bit late....I get so busy and busy I have been trying to sort and rearrange my supplies so they are more efficient! This is a bit hard to do when you live in a very small space....cute, but small!

Anyway I am joining in the fun at Etsy Cottage Style for the Cottage Colors Party and you can too by going to Etsy Cottage Style where you will find the other participants who love purple, this months color.... it is one of my favorite colors and I love soft lavenders and the dusky, smoky lavenders best....my sewing room/guest room is painted such a pretty and relaxing color and I don't think I will ever tire of it...

The lavender wall color and the border with lavender....sweet and soothing. I found the shelf at a craft fair on the Court House lawn in Prescott, AZ. many years ago. A father and daughter did this scroll work and they had many beautiful shelves to choose from....
And more touches of lavenders in my sewing room.....

Vintage millinery bunch of violets...I adore these!

A storge box above my sewing machine....

Quilt with lavender blooms....The soft white coverlet I purchased at one of Prescott's antique stores and it said it was Matelasse ....t is so hard for me to tell that from quilting....I know it is a type of weave....so, is this just a vintage quilt or is it Matelasse? Can you tell?

I can't put all my pretty hankies in a box...I just love looking at their laces and dainty embroidery, so I have some scattered here and there throughout the house...peeking out from a drawer, hanging over the edge of a cabinet....you get the idea... and here in my sewing room....The bigger frame has pretty lavender blooms and while it has a crack, I can't throw it away!

Well, these are some of my lavenders/purples and now I am off to see yours...

Hope you are all having a great day creating something beautiful!
Jil

12 comments:

ornamentsbypink said...

Hi Jil, you must have a very pretty sewing room with lavender walls! I like the shelf too.
Mary

Mary Ann said...

Your lovely room just takes my breath away.....I dearly love that sweet round hat/storage box! I love the lavender walls, so sweet and lady like.

Manni said...

Jil, that is an amazing room. What a wonderful colour!!!
I love it :)

Debbi said...

Jil, it always a treat to see your treasures. I absolutely adore that box, and to have a sewing room in lavender makes me jealous....
BTW, I got your link back up at ECS:)

Heirlooms For You said...

Jill what a beautiful room. Love the soft lilac. Carol

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Beautiful, Jil! Have a lovely weekend.

Blessings,
Sandi

Char said...

Hi Jil, I just wanted to wish you a Happy Pink Saturday. Love your lavenders, Char

romance-of-roses said...

Everything is just lovely, lavender walls seem so relaxing.
Hugs...Lu

Alba Linea said...

this looks so romantic and springlike! love it! best wishes and a sunny sunday! di
;0)

Mari said...

Hi Jil~Your lavender room is just beautiful :) love the beautiful shelf :)

xo~Mari

Manni said...

Hi Jil
Got some really good news. I recently received the Stylish Blogger Award and I am passing it on to you!!!
Hugs
Manni

Lori said...

What a dreamy post, love the shelve. And from Prescott too! I was there last Spring and can't wait to get back! Lori