Friday, March 9, 2012

St. Pat's Pink Saturday

♥Visit Beverly For all the amazing PINK blogs for this Pink Saturday♥

Hello Sweet Friends....I have been MIA for the last couple of weeks getting ready for one of our darling granddaughters to come and stay with us for the rest of the school year. Yes, I am now trying to keep up with a 17 year old, our precious Miss A, which is a good thing and a huge challenge! :)

Our house is now "perkier" with this pretty lass. She is a high honor roll student with many talents....she debates for Model UN and has a singing voice that is so beautiful it brings tears. It is wonderful to have young blood and while she settles in and makes new friends, I worry she will get very bored with us, after all we are far, and I mean far from her peppy age and I know she is missing her mother and siblings...thank heavens she is patient and not demanding....she has checked out our new YMCA as she loves to exercise and keep in shape. I am so happy she found what she wants at the Y as this facility has a huge pool, basketball courts as well as a workout room and all sorts of wonderful programs for teens. The building is a new multi-floor building of glass overlooking the water....what could be nicer?

Where I slept in 'til I wanted to get up, I now have my alarm set for 6:30am and out the door to drive her to school at 7:15am. I will be honest and tell you, I was a little concerned about this, but after a couple of mornings I have found I really like it...it motivates me and when the weather turns warm, I will get my gardening and watering done at the best time of the day. Then, I will have all day to create and keep the house and hopefully, get loads more done! And, it takes me back to when I was driving mine to school and makes me feel happy to do it again. ♥

I will keep you posted on the happenings here....I am sure there will be some laughs!


The pictures sandwiching my post, are two watercolors I treasure. They are by Arizona watercolorist, Jan Thompson. I was fortunate enough to meet her at a Prescott art show many years ago...they are my pinks and I hope you enjoy the amazing detail. I paint with watercolors and studied at Yavapai College in Prescott. She and my mother were and are my inspiration....Do click on the pictures to see them larger...

Have a fun and happy St. Patricks Day!
Warm Blessings To All!
Jil ♥

18 comments:

Kay Ellen said...

Happy PS!
Love all your pretty art :))

Have a blessed weekend,
Kay Ellen

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Your paintings are lovely, Jil! And aren't you going to have fun with your young lady around! I hope you have many fabulous talks and girl time togetherness. Happy Pink Saturday weekend, my friend.

Blessings,
Sandi

Unknown said...

Oh, what fun you are going to have Jil. G-dau is lucky to have you. The art is fabulous.

Have a lovely PS weekend ~
TTFN ~
Marydon

~Giveaway ends 3/15 ~

Unknown said...

Hi Jil,
What a lovely blessing to have your GD with you. I'm sure it is going to be a delightful time for both of you. And I know you are going to love being up early once the warm weather is here..right now I sleep longr because the days are still cold. As soon as it's warm I want to be in the garden, like you..early bird gets the worm first..
I love these paintings..beautiful..

Anonymous said...

Sounds like many happy days are yet to come with your granddaughter near you. I'm sure both of you will enjoy this time together, so don't worry about the age gap. Having family near you is the most precious thing, so while she may miss some old "things" she left behind, she will treasure this time with you forever...as I'm sure you will too.

Thank you for stopping by my blog and Happy Pink Saturday!

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

Oh Jil you will love having her I know... we have our GRANDson here going to school as well and it has just brightened our lives.
Love your watercolors, one of my favorite SW artists is RC Gorman.
(())

Linda M. said...

Happy Pink Saturday Jil, Best wishes to you and your granddaughter and the time you will share with her. The water color pieces are gorgeous. Joyous Wishes, Linda

LV said...

Someone that age will certainly make a difference in your home.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

This time together will createwonderful memories for both you and your grand daughter..enjoy it!

Happy pink Saturday!

Marianne C. said...

Jil, how nice to have your granddaughter staying with you; especially at this age, when usually they don't have much time for grandma anymore.

Your paintings are very pretty, and I like the bit o' Irish vintage.

Blessings,
Marianne

Holly said...

Hi Jil! I think the paintings are just lovely! I hope you have a lovely girl time together!
Happy Pink Saturday!

J.Rylie.C said...

So pretty! Come link with me with my Color Connection meme.

Broken Leg with a bit of pink. Have a great weekend.

PS. I am now your follower.

Marti McClure said...

Jil, Best of luck and wonderful times with your grandaughter. I'm sure she will cherish these times spent living with you. And Rainbow is a little town right off the 15 between Fallbrook and Temecula. Happy Pink Saturday. ~Marti

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Happy Pink Saturday Jil
Your paintings are instilled with beauty.
I can just imagine how life will change for you!
Wishes and many thanks for visiting me.
Lynne

Olivia said...

OH my what fun! I have a little sister that is 17 and I adore her! She is sooooo fun and very active, but not into partying! So, even though I know I am not very exciting I try to watch younger movies and do little shopping trips with her! WE love dollar tree, it has cheap stuff and we get to shop it up!
xo
Olivia

Clara said...

I love your paintings Jil! so pretty. Have a lovely pink Saturday.
~Clara

Tara said...

Pretty pictures!

I think you will find you really treasure this time with your Granddaughter. I spent a couple weekends a month with my paternal grandparents when I was in high school and continued a couple years after I graduated until my Grandmother passed away. They are both gone now but I now live very close to my maternal Grandparents and see them at least twice a week. It is time I wouldn't give up for anything. Happy Pink Saturday and have a great weekend!

monah http://graciouscottage.com/ said...

Jil,

I enjoyed reading your post. The St Patty girl is so cute too.

My first visit to you on Pink Saturday. Stop by if you can.

monah