Saturday, July 18, 2009

PINK SATURDAY

Yesterday, another woman lost a breast to cancer. I know her only slightly, as she and her family are good friends with one of our sons and his family.
She has a family, two daughters and a husband and she is a strong woman and will be a fighter thru this. She was once a CHIP. (California Highway Patrol)

Having been in her home and around her and hers from time to time, it was so sad for me knowing what she was going thru. It made me wish there was something I could do and there was..... I kept prayers going her way, this Thursday, as she was having the surgery, that all would be OK.

I checked with my daughter-in-law to see how she came thru it, and learned she is doing as well as can be expected after such an ordeal. The tumor was much larger than expected so they had to remove all her lymph nodes, instead of just one as they had hoped for. Now, they are awaiting the results of the nodes.

This is a woman who always had her mamograms and her monthly self exams. She had had a cyst removed and when she found this lump the doctor thought it was scar tissue, but thank heavens he ordered more tests.

The reason I find I am compelled to write about this, is I realize none of us, as women, are safe from this insidious disease.....We must contiue to fight back by having our regular mamograms and do our monthly self exams and give, when we can, in the hopes they will soon find the cause and the cure! And...don't forget the amazing power of prayer, even doctors are now recognizing just how powerful prayer can be!

Won't it be wonderful to wake up one morning and find the headlines of the paper to read, Cure For Cancer Found!

**I hope each of you that visits my blog will click on the right, to give free mamograms to those that otherwise would not be able to have one!**Thank You!!

So, my post this beautiful Pink Saturday, is dedicated to all that have had to fight the battle, to those that have won the battle, to those who are still in the battle and to those that sadly did not win.


And now on a happier note....a little Pink thanks to Beverly of How Sweet The Sound... for being our host each and every Saturday! Thank you Bev...we love you! Be sure to visit her for the list of all the other delicious Pink blogs to visit and....Have Fun!




This is a very vintage little tart pan.....you would not belive what it looked like before my dear hubby cleaned it up, primed, and painted it.....PINK....of course! I added one of my little faux cupcakes and it is a cutie if I do say so myself!



You can find these two pretty collectible, but usable, pin cushions on EBAY



Thank you for coming by. I do enjoy reading all your comments!
Hugs,
Jil

21 comments:

Svetta said...

Very nice!
Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Yes, wouldn't it be good news. In times such as this, prayers is one strong thing we have.

have to say, your pink tart pan with cupcake, I agree is a cutie :-) And those pink cushions! Aaawwwww a beauty. Pink cushions has really come a long way.

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

It is so important to get our yearly mamograms. I had a scare a couple of years ago when I had to go in for a biopsy. Like clockwork, every June I go for mine!

What a darling tart tin!! And I just love the beautiful PiNk pin cushions!

Have a fab PiNk SaTuRdAy!

Hugs,
Marsha

Char said...

Good morning Jil, I am so sorry to hear of your friend and the battle she has had. The good news is that she is still here with us. I hope and pray all goes well with her tests and she will win the fight. It's an awful fight and nothing we can do but fight the fight and continue to have hope. I love my grand mother to cancer, grand father too. My mother and Petes mother had breast cancer, I do everything I can for myself and all women hoping for a cure. Thankyou for you post, we all need to remember to fight this disease everyday. On a lighter note, I love the tin and had to laugh, my husband would never do that for me, this I know. ha ha Happy Pink Saturday, Char

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Great awareness post my friend...May you have a great weekend...Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

That shabby Pink Girl said...

Hello my Dear Friend
Your little Pink Tart is so cute, as is all of your pretty pinks.
Your Post is also a good reminder for all of us to examine~~and to keep everyone in our Prayers who is suffering from this awful cancer. I have two Sisters and three Aunts and many Friends who have had to go through this.
Hugs and Hugs to you!
Talk Soon.
marian elizabeth

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Jil,
Your pinks are gorgeous! The tart pan and cupcake are darling! Thank you for sharing and have a wonderful Pink Saturday!

Blessings,
Sandi

blushing rose said...

Beautiful pinks.

Prayers lifted for her soul & family.

TTFN ~Marydon

My name is Riet said...

Beautiful pink pincushions. My thoughts are with your friend and her family

fannipauline said...

I will join in on all the prayers for women everywhere who have cancer or are healing from surgery. With all of us praying it is a blessing and will be very powerful. As usual your blog is a delight and very uplifting.
Blessings.........Pauline

Bill said...

I clicked on the pink cancer logo. My wife had breast cancer, too. She was fortunate and only had to have a lumpectomy. She has been cancer free for about 5 years now.

Nancy said...

Oh, so cute! Your pincushions always are a delight. Happy Pink Saturday!

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

My thoughts and prayers will be with your friend..

The pink tart pan is just too cute for words along with your faux cupcakes.. thanks for visiting and leaving such a sweet comment..
Happy Pink Saturday..
hugs ~lynne~

CC said...

First, I loved your message. I am a cancer survivor and I know the power of love,hope and prayer. And next, your pincushions are so very beautiful. Happy Pinks and have a wonderful weekend.

♥Mimi♥ said...

I lost my mother to breast cancer. Horrible, rotten disease.

♥Have a terrific Pink Saturday♥

Wishing you and all those you love the best of weekends.

Mary said...

What a sweet tribute your post is.
My thoughts are with you, your friend and her family.

I absolutely love your pretties!
Very pretty post!
Happy Pink Saturday!
Mary :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Jil,

Happy Belated Pink Saturday. I am playing catch up from yesterday!

Your cupcake is adorable as are your pincushions.

Have a great Sunday!

All my best,
Debbie
www.quiltsgaloreandmore.blogspot.com

Katie said...

Many prayers for an end to this disease!

Love the pincushions and tart cup!

Happiest of Pink Saturdays to you!

fitty's pinky rose cottage said...

very lovely post.. my stepmom passed away 9 months ago due to cancer.. and since then I've been missing her.. thanks for sharing this lovley post.. and I love your cuppie too! pretty pink..

Anonymous said...

Everything you touch turns to PRETTY! I love everything you create! Pink Hugs, Patti

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Jil, absolutely beautiful blog. I love it. Your Pink Saturday post about breast cancer is so beautiful. You did an outstanding job. I have signed up to follow your blog. It is beautiful and I want to see what other wonderful things you are making. Please pop over to my blog. I have a niece that is suffering with squamous cell cancer. I have a couple of posts that I think you would enjoy. Check the (2) prior to my Pink Saturday post. This is what blogging is all about. I was so overwhelmed. I would love to have you follow my blog as well. Country Hugs, Sherry