Monday, January 23, 2012

Help Needed In Choosing A Printer


Hello Ladies,
I hope this finds you all well and busy creating or doing what brings you happiness as we begin a new week. ♥

I need input from those of you that print images onto fabric. My printer just won't cooperate any longer. I won't go into boring details, but I am not going to waste anymore time coaxing her..... I am just going to get a new printer ... and, mine is an old lady, She needs to be retired anyway.

Could you, please, advise me as to the printer you think I should get for these projects? I do not need a fax, but if one is included that will be OK.

I thank you in advance, for taking the time to answer me. I have been online looking and looking until I am cross-eyed! Canon is my favorite brand, but I am open to others...
♥ Jil

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a huge Dell printer with a scanner and fax machine that I use for transfers, but not actual fabric. It works well, but the ink is expensive and has to be bought through Dell.

Did I mention this thing was old and HUGE? I'm just ordered new computer and printer. Hopefully it will work just as well.

Hopefully someone will have a suggestion for you soon!

A Rose Without A Thorn said...

Hello Jil, Reubs and I have a huge laser printer which does not print onto fabric at all. So because I needed to be able to print my favorite images onto fabric I went to Best Buy and bought a very simple and VERY inexpensive HP6000 Wireless Office Jet Printer. It works fantastically and is honestly fabulous. I use it all the time and above all it was not expensive under $100.00 if I remember correctly, plus it is wireless. You cannot do better than that!!! Maureen.

Unknown said...

Sorry it took so long for me to make the PS rounds. Hope your week is going well.

Laurinda Hixson said...

What printer did you end up buying, Jil? If you’re working with light fabric, I think an inkjet printer would suffice. Actually, what matters most is the ink that you’re going to use. For fabrics, it’s ideal to use pigment-based inks because they are colorfast and don’t wash away easily. :D