Friday, April 20, 2012

Finally, A Pink Saturday

(A Gardenia tree waiting for warmer weather to grace our porch. Can't you just smell it's heavenly fragrance?)


Oh my! I am afraid my blog has become a casualty of my running here and there with a seventeen year old granddaughter and keeping up things around the home and yard as well as creating! What exciting fun it all is and how good this new schedule is for us! It keeps us on our toes and everyday we look forward to what will be.... Up really early for the short drive to her high school and back again to pick her up. That is the best part as the house now feels lonely without her precious presence. Then, off to where she needs to go and often that is the Y. The kids meet there to swim and work out and I like that. Good healthy fun! She got here a little too late to be involved in school activities. For sports there is a cut off date and so she could not play the soccer she enjoys so much! She goes roller bladeing and has a new skate board she is learning to master....And, there will be a concert at her school where she has a solo. She has a beautiful voice and we are so thrilled that she is here so we will be able to attend and hear her!!!!! Oh, and did I mention she has two of the sweetest girl friends. Not bad for only being here six weeks!
And, at the prom last Saturday night....our girl, our Miss A., is in the short purple dress...

As to pinks....well, the gardens are just waking up again, as after our unexpected and early warming, Mother Nature rethought it all and sent us some very cold weather....the flowers became confused! Many of the bulbs did not bother to come up and the Bleeding Hearts are are smaller, so far, this year....So, maybe, hopefully, some pinks from the garden for you all, next week....In the meantime, I took this picture of a plate on a double shelf in the little guest/sewing room...it has darling little pink roses... the drieds in the old bottle? Dried Lily Of The Valley....just pick a bunch and let the water evaporate in the bottle and they will turn a soft, golden hue....I find them so charming!



A beautiful little plate newly listed at The Ruffled Rose
And this incredible set below, in pristine condition and from England, I found at an estate sale for a silly price....I was so happy it was hard not to do a little dance! :)


Now I am off to look at as much PINK as I can....
Jil
To visit all the blogs for Pink Saturday just click here Beverly and it will take you on a wonderous pink journey....And, thank you Beverly, for being such a marvelous hostess! ♥

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jil,

I enjoyed reading your post. Everyone looks so pretty in the prom picture.

It's been awhile since I've joined Pink Saturday. I posted some pink today. Glad to be catching up with everyone.

Happy PS!

Hugs,
Debbie

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Ah.......prom.........and your sweet granddaughter is a real beauty!

Just delightful.

Happy Pink Saturday! Have a wonderful weekend!

Anonymous said...

Jil, I enjoyed reading your blog post today. It was like sitting at your kitchen table over a cuppa and just chit chatting....love it and Happy happy Pink Saturday ~

Cindy Adkins said...

Hi Jil,
Glad to hear you've been having fun with your granddaughter! She's beautiful! I haven't been blogging as much lately - just not enough time to do everything! Trying to get caught up now. Happy Pink Saturday!
Hugs, Cindy

Donna@Conghaile Cottage said...

Any time we have the pretty girls dressed up "That shouts PINK"! How beautiful they all looked!!! I noticed the bleeding heart were smaller this year too. I think it's because our SPRING came a month too early here in Connecticut.
I WISH I could have a gardenia tree. The smell is HEAVENLY!
Have a wonderful weekend,
Hugs,
Donna

Ruth...Time Was Antiques said...

Nice to meet you! Your granddaughter is lovely! I miss my gardenia border! Since we moved north 5 years ago, they don't grow here. They were such a joy! Thanks for a lovely post!
Cheers!
R

mypinkprettiesaboutme said...

Your grand baby is a doll. How lucky to have her near you. I think we should all sit down with a cup of tea and go through all the pictures I know you took.

HPS

LL

Unknown said...

Oh Jil, what a lovely young lady you have there with you. She is so pretty! I love her dress. And her friends look great too! Ohhh! to be young again.

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Such pretty pinks, Jil! Sounds like your life has been very full. I enjoyed the prom picture and of course, the china. Thank you for stopping by for a visit. Happy Pinks and enjoy your weekend.

Blessings,
Sandi

Antiques And Teacups said...

Sounds like you have enough to keep you busy! How fun to have your grand so close! The flowers are lovely too! Thanks for visiting for PS!
Ruth

LV said...

I would never be able to keep up with a seventeen anymore. I do good keeping up with myself. Lovely girl.

Protector of Vintage said...

Your blog is lovely! I look forward to visiting often!!

Nancy's Daily Dish said...

Cute prom pics...it is that time of year. Two of my kids had prom last week.
Pretty pinks and I love the tureen and platter you purchased too!
Happy PS

Trisha said...

I remember how busy I was in high school-I admire my mom for keeping up with me! Love the prom picture and your pretty pinks!

~Trisha

Holly said...

Yes, I can smell the gardenias. Divine!! Loved the pictures of all your treasures - I always do. But, mostly I enjoyed reading and seeing a picture of those beautiful young people! What fun!
Happy Pink Saturday!
Holly

NanE said...

Happy PINK Saturday Jill! Yes, there is nothing like a teenage girl in the house to keep your world interesting and moving at the speed of light! I miss both of my girls who left 5 & 6 years ago to attend college out of state and they decided to stay. :( Love all of you pretty dishes especailly the compote with the tray that you "stole" ;) from the estate auction, ha ha. Have a great weekend, Nan

My name is Riet said...

What a lovely post. Beautiful granddaughter and your finds are great. Happy pink Saturday

Tami @ Creative girl Vintage said...

Hi Jil..the prom pictures is so pretty. Enjoy that granddaughter!
Happy Pink Saturday! xo Tami

Patricia said...

Happy Pink Saturday to you! Your blog is just beautiful. Thanks ever so much for stopping by and I appreciate you comment. Have a wonderful new week.

Anonymous said...

Hi!
A Belated Happy Pink Saturday!!!
Love your pinks.
Pat

Micupoftea said...

Hello Jil,
Thanks for visiting my blog. Sounds like lots of fun having grand daughter around. I have a 19 yr old that keeps me entertained! Hope your bulbs come up~
shawn

Jayanthy Kumaran said...

wow...lovely post
new to your space..
awesome space you have..with nice presentation
happy following you..:)
do stop by mine sometime

Tasty Appetite

Heather said...

Happy Pink Saturday Jil :0)

What fun getting to spend time with your 17 yo grand daughter! Beautiful prom picture!
sorry to hear about your bulbs! Only my Daffodils bloomed this year. Deer ate all the tulips :0)
Love your plates!
Hugs
Heather